Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Crispy and buttery--favorites of my sister!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- Melt the butter in a saucepan; stir in the vanilla, and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and powdered sugar; stir in the butter mixture and chocolate chips.
- (The mixture will be crumbly.) Shape dough into 1" balls; place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Cool cookies completely on wire racks.