Recipe by elena5412
These bakery-style cookies keep fresh and soft for days in tighly covered containers. Also good with M & M's and chopped walnuts.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Melt butter and cool to room temperature.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla to melted butter.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts (optional).
- Roll into 1/2 cup balls or use medium size ice-cream scoop.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet - 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes depending on size.
- Cool on racks.