Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
I just HAD to share this recipe. Everyone, especially everyone with children, HAS to try this. It comes out a flaky, buttery, crumbly cookie brittle. I have gotten rave reviews and it is so simple to make! I hope everyone enjoys it! 8-)
Top Review by Slavika
I found the recipe to be extremely simple to follow and easy to make. Both my husband and I really like the "cookie". It does have a buttery taste. Next time I make this recipe I think I will turn the temperature down just a wee bit. Nice......
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine softened butter, vanilla and salt.
- Add sugar in, and blend in flour.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts, combine well.
- Press into 15 x 10 jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool completely, and then break into pieces!
- Dig in!