Recipe by carolinafan
With the delicious taste of cheese and dill these yummy biscuits won't last long at your table.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup milk, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425.
- Combine flour, cheese, baking powder, salt and dill weed in medium bowl. Cut in shortening using pastry blender (or two knives) to form coarse crumbs.
- Add enough milk, 2 tbsp at a time, mixing with fork until particles are moistened and cling together. Form dough into ball.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Knead gently 8 to 10 times. Roll dough 1/2-inch thick. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.