Recipe by Kitsune
A buttery sweet nut brittle candy with a mild heat after the sweet. Not as hard as many brittles, it's very easy on the teeth. Got this from a magazine (can't remember which one). Made it for xmas gifts and it was a big hit. Mmmm, sweet and spicy buttery goodness...
Top Review by Moonshadow22
In just the past two days, I have made this twice! It is great! I have friends and family that love hot things, so this is one of the things I made to send to them. One observation, cooking the mixture only 5 minutes leaves a lot of graininess in the product. I found that cooking for a longer period of time, slowly, resulted in less graininess. Maybe I was doing something wrong? But a great recipe! Loved it! -K
- 2 cups whole salted cashews
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (OR 1 teaspoon chipotle chile pepper)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a non-stick baking sheet.
- Combine all ingredients in a large non-stick skillet.
- Stir over low heat until butter melts and sugars dissolve.
- Increase heat to medium and boil, stirring constantly until mixture turns golden brown, thickens, and begins to mass together (foams), about 5 minutes.
- Immediately pour out onto prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly.
- Cool completely. Break into pieces.