Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy brittle....just don't try to make it on a day with high humidity. It will turn out too sticky. Also, if your cashews aren't roasted, be sure to throw them in the oven for a bit.....it adds a great deal to the taste! The 20 minute prep time is the time to roast the cashews if necessary.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups unsalted cashews, roasted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a large heavy saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Add the butter, stirring gently until the butter melts.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes to wash down the sugar crystals from the sides of the pan. Uncover and cook to soft crack stage (280 degrees), stirring occasionally. Add cashews; cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches hard crack stage (300 degrees). Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda.
- Quickly, pour the mixture evenly into two buttered 15 x 10 x 1 inch jellyroll plans, and spread in a thin layer. Let cool completely; break into pieces.
- Store the candy in an airtight container.
Delicious! I did add a tsp. of vanilla. Thanks for posting!