Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A family favorite!
- 1 cup butter, room temp (no substitutions)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (use ONLY maple extract)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups finely blended large flake oats (I do mine on the food processor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecan nuts
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Measure 2 cups oatmeal, and grind until fine powder.
- Using a mixer, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar very well mixed.
- Beat in eggs and maple extract until well combined.
- Sift together flour, finely blended oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture; blend until well combined.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and nuts.
- Drop from tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet, placing 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 mins (watch closely as these bake very fast).
- Note: for crispier cookie, bake a little longer.