Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Buttery Brie, ripe pears, sweet toasted walnuts an elegant Sandwiches.
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 8 ounces brie cheese, 8 slices
- 1 fresh pear, cored and sliced 1/4-inch
- Melt butter in a small pan over medium-high heat
- add walnuts and toast until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- On the bread slices, place equal amounts of the walnuts, and, pear, and top with brie.
- place on a baking sheet and bake until cheese is melted about 10 minutes.
Easy to make- used pecans instead of walnuts. Thought this was a little bland- added a layer of pepper jelly to crostini - added a little pop.
Whipped these up for breakfast (why not?) for my DGD and self; just delicious and destined to be repeated.
What a wonderful lunch Rita! Thanks so much for sharing. Very quick and easy to throw together. I used double cream brie, forelle pears, french baugette and coarsley chopped macadamian nuts; It was what I had on hand. They worked really well together. I can't wait to serve this with the walnuts as an appetizer.