Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried these, but they sure do sound good. I think I found the recipe on the internet, but not sure.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream or 3⁄4 cup light cream or 3⁄4 cup milk
- In a bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in margarine till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in center; add cream all at once.
- Using a fork, stir just till moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for 10 to 12 strokes or till nearly smooth.
- Pat or lightly roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut dough with a 2 1/2" biscuit cutter, dipping the cutter into flour between cuts.
- Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450° oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 10 to 12.
These were really really lovely. They are not a feather-light biscuit, but they are not so dense that I wouldn't make this again. Especially because they have fantastic flavor from the cream. Thanks Bliss!
These were a scrumptious and easy snack. I loved them! We added a dash of cinnimon and vanilla, but they were also amazing on their own! I will certainly be making these again! YUM!