Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These golden, fluffy, butterfy rolls are great hot from the oven. The dough is very easy to shape. This recipe is from a QUICK COOKING magazine
- 1 cup warm milk (70 to 80 degrees F.)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, put all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough into 24 portions.
- Shape dough into balls.
- Place in a greased 13 inch by 9 inch baking pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Not like this recipe NEEDS another rave review -- but oh my goodness these are amazing -- I will NEVER buy rolls again! I had to force myself to stop eating them after I had two! I made the whole recipe for just the two of us! Next time I will half it so I don't gain ten pounds :) I made as directed -- except let them rise about 2.5 hours (so they would pop out of the oven with dinner) and they were just perfect! :) Thanks so much! UPDATE JANUARY 2010: I have made these many times -- but I felt I should add that these freeze very very well. I bake fully, then freeze, then bake at 425 for about 7 minutes and they are perfect! :)
We liked these ones too! I made 12 larger rolls instead of the 24. The second time I made them I baked them at 350 instead of 375 - they got too dark too quickly at 375. Thank you!
By far, the best roll recipe I've ever found. I made dough on the rapid-rise cycle of my Zo bread machine...increased rapid rise yeast to 3 teaspoons. I cooked 1/2 the dough on Sunday & refrigerated the other half. Took it out of refrigerator on Tuesday morning, formed the rolls, let rise for about an hour (maybe little less, dough was very cold), & baked off. Delicious, huge hit a work!! This is the closest recipe that I've ever found that's close to the rolls served at Logan's Steakhouse & Ryan's restaurants.