Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Very rich spread recipe from Southern Living.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) round loaf bread
- toasted diced walnuts, chopped fresh chives, rosemary sprigs
- Stir together first 5 ingredients and, if desired, sherry in a large bowl; cover and chill mixture 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature to soften; or freeze spread up to 1 month, and thaw in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Hollow out bread loaf, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell; reserve inside of loaf for other uses. Spoon softened cheese spread into shell. Garnish, if desired. Serve with sliced apples and pears or with toasted French baguette slices.