Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very, very simple recipe! I tell you,this will taste SOOO good! Don't let the lack of steps and ingredients fool you--this is a real people party pleaser! 8)
- 8 ounces blue cheese
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 french bread French baguettes or 4 sourdough bread, flutes halved lengthwise
- chopped celery top (optional)
- Blend the cheese with butter in food processor until smooth.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Broil bread crust side up until crispy. Turn over and broil cut side until light brown.
- Spread cheese mixture over cut side of bread.
- Sprinkle generously with the pepper.
- Broil bread until cheese bubbles and is beginning to brown.
- Remove from broiler and sprinkle bread with celery, if you like.
- Cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Serve warm.
This is so good. I had this while watching the Tall ships coming into the harbor in Boston a few years ago on the Edmond Fitzgerald tug boat restaurant. I have made it many times using any of my favorite breads and always the best blue cheese dressing I could find or make. A very satisfying appitzer. Your guests will be impressed.
Gosh, this is good! Thanks so much!
Superb! Rich and savory - and easy to boot! I made this for lunch yesterday and it was fabulous. I scaled the recipe down a bit and made sure to keep the 1 to 1 ratio of butter (actually I used a good quality margarine) to blue cheese crumbles. Just be sure to keep a very close eye on the bread while it's in the broiler, it takes just a few seconds on each side - really! Like just 20 seconds or so. Then about a minute after you put the cheese on. A+!