Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Found this recipe in an old cookbook and thought I would try it. This easy basting sauce adds a tangy citrus flavor to grilled or roasted meat, fish, seafood, or poultry.
- 4 teaspoons butter or 4 teaspoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the lime juice, zest, marjoram, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and red pepper.
- Use to baste 1 pound meat, fish, seafood, or poultry during cooking.