1/2 Photos of Buttery Banana Nut Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Very moist and nutty, this bread has a flavor of butter that lingers on the palate. The spices in this are very subtle, but if you like a spicier bread, just increase those for a richer flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preaheat oven to 350F.
- 2Cream together softened butter and sugar in a mixer at medium speed until lightly fluffy.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, waiting a few moments after each addition to give time to blend.
- 4Add the dry ingredients alternatively to the mixer with some of the banana, allowing each to blend before adding some of the other.
- 5When all is mixed, fold in the chopped nuts.
- 6Grease sides and bottom of a 9x5-inch loaf pan and add batter to it.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until it tests clean with a toothpick.
- 8Cool on a rack 10 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling.
- 9Dust with confectioners sugar (if desired), or you may use your favorite glaze (optional).
- 10Store unused portions in refrigerator, wrapped in foil.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttery Banana Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (715 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2402.3
- Calories from Fat 1012
- Total Fat 112.5 g
- Saturated Fat 46.3 g
- Cholesterol 585.5 mg
- Sodium 1623.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 313.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 121.5 g
- Protein 46.5 g