Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very moist and nutty, this bread has a flavor of butter that lingers on the palate. The spices in this are very subtle, but if you like a spicier bread, just increase those for a richer flavor.
- Preaheat oven to 350F.
- Cream together softened butter and sugar in a mixer at medium speed until lightly fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, waiting a few moments after each addition to give time to blend.
- Add the dry ingredients alternatively to the mixer with some of the banana, allowing each to blend before adding some of the other.
- When all is mixed, fold in the chopped nuts.
- Grease sides and bottom of a 9x5-inch loaf pan and add batter to it.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until it tests clean with a toothpick.
- Cool on a rack 10 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling.
- Dust with confectioners sugar (if desired), or you may use your favorite glaze (optional).
- Store unused portions in refrigerator, wrapped in foil.
Excellent nanner bread! I loved the spices called for, but, did add a 1/2 tspn. of cinnamon. YUM! Real easy recipe to throw together and bake, and very tasty indeed! Thanks, Sue, we really enjoyed! Was fun making this for our cook-a-thon for you! Feel better, Laudee