Recipe by AngelaTN
It's amazing how the simplest recipes can be some of the tastiest. My MIL fixed this for dinner one night and I was hooked! I hope you will be too.
- 1 large sweet onion (I use yellow or vidalia)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 6 -8 medium red potatoes
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Chop onion, and add to melted butter; saute until caramelized (There may still be butter pooled at the bottom of the pan- that's okay!).
- Meanwhile, chop potatoes into thirds; cook in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain cooked potatoes and place in greased 13x9 casserole.
- Top evenly with caramelized onions and butter.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.