Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It's amazing how the simplest recipes can be some of the tastiest. My MIL fixed this for dinner one night and I was hooked! I hope you will be too.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Chop onion, and add to melted butter; saute until caramelized (There may still be butter pooled at the bottom of the pan- that's okay!).
- Meanwhile, chop potatoes into thirds; cook in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain cooked potatoes and place in greased 13x9 casserole.
- Top evenly with caramelized onions and butter.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Very simple and full of flavor. I used a shallot rather than an onion as I had some I need I needed to use up. I also added a smidge of tarragon.
simple and delicious. excellent recipe. thank you for sharing!
This was an easy way to make red potatoes. The onions were a great compliment to the dish. Thanks for a great post!