Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is such a wonderful dessert...apricot filling in between a flaky buttery tasting crust and filling.
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking pan OR 11" x 7" pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and extract, mix well.
- Combine the flour, orange peel, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Set aside one-third for topping.
- Press remaining dough lightly into a greased baking pan.
- Combine preserves, lemon juice and peel; spread evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle reserved dough over filling.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.