Prep 24 hrs
Cook 7 mins
these are terrific
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- place butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.mix together with mixer on medium speed thoroughly -- add beaten egg.
- Sift flour and salt over creamed mixture and blend in gradually.working dough by hand.add chopped apricots and mix well.
- shape dough into roll about 1 1/2" in diameter.wrap in plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- preheat oven to 400*.lightly grease baking sheet.
- cut roll into 1/8"slices --
- arrange on cookie sheet --
- bake 7-8 minutes or edges are starting to brown --
- let cool on racks.
The first cookie for my 2007 holiday trays and off to a very strong start. These are soft and tender with a buttery break apart tenderness. Not at all sweet but buttery rich. The bits of soft apricots add a lovely accent. I chilled these in the fridge and baked off 2 or 3 for testing and rating, the rest are in the freezer. I think a couple tablespoons of chopped pistachios would be a terrific variation.