Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
You can also bake this cake in an 11 x 7-inch or a 9-inch square baking dish in place of a springform pan, this cake is *so* good! :)
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no subs!)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (use white or light brown)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 large apples, peeled and chopped
- Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Prepare a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer beat the butter with 1-3/4 cups sugar, softened cream cheese and vanilla until smooth and well blended (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in eggs; mix well until completely blended.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until blended.
- In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup white or light brown sugar with 3 teaspoons cinnamon.
- In another bowl mix together the chopped apples with 3 tablespoons of the cinnamon mixture, then stir the apple mixture into the batter.
- Transfer the batter into prepared baking dish or springform baking pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes (for springform pan) or until the cake test done.
- Cool cake completely in the pan, then remove to a wire rack.
Yum yum! We loved this Kitten! I added nuts in with the apples. This brings breakfast at our house to a whole new level :)
I started eating my first piece and knew I wasn't going to stop at one! The whole family loved this and asked me to put the recipe in a special place, so I guess you know it went over big time with all of us! I added nuts too and they really made it extra special!
This was very easy to make. It was a hit when I brought it for a dinner party. Lots of cinnamon flavor. Perfect for fall