Prep 10 mins
Cook 31 mins
Be careful not to eat the batch in one sitting!
- 4 medium rome apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, chopped into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, and water in a medium pan.
- Cook on medium for approximately 10 minutes; apples should be soft, but not mushy.
- Add mixture to an 8 inch pie dish, and spread black berries evenly on top.
- Combine flour, and butter using a pastry blender, or two knives.
- Add sugar and ginger, stirring.
- Sprinkle on top of mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes and broil one minute until the top is light brown.
- Be sure to keep a good eye on it while it's broiling, it burns easily, but this step is what makes the recipe, so don't forget it.