Recipe by bbh
Great with a cup of tea. These cookies are easy, fast and absolutely yummy. I found this in an old copy of Quick Cooking magazine.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup chopped almonds (lightlly toasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Add the flour and vanilla - this makes a very stiff dough. Slowly beat in the almonds. Using a cookie scoop or a teaspoon, make 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until bottoms are golden. Place cookies on wire racks until completely cool. Roll in remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies.