Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This can be backed in a pie dish or a tart pan with removable bottom.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened (no subs!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees (bottom oven rack).
- Prepare a deep-dish 9-inch glass pie plate or a 8.5-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- In a food processor pulse the flour, walnuts, brown sugar and salt to combine.
- Add in COLD butter cubes and pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- In a small bowl or cup whisk together the egg yolk and cold water.
- With the machine running add in the egg/water mixture to the flour mixture and blend for 10 seconds.
- Press the dough into the pie plate or tart pan with removable bottom; chill for 15 minutes.
- For the filling; in a small bowl combine dark brown sugar with cornstarch.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until pale and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the sugar/cornstarch mixture, corn syrup, butter and vanilla; beat well to combine.
- Sprinkle the 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts over the bottom of the chilled crust.
- Spoon the filling mixture evenly over the top.
- Place a sheet of heavy-duty foil on the lower oven rack, then place the tart on the foil.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden and the center is slightly jiggly.
- Cool before slicing.
- *NOTE* Spoon any liquid that seeps from the tart over each slice when served.