Recipe by oopsmakes3
Haven't tried yet, but was is the Bakefeast 2003 mini cookbook. I will most likely use raisins instead of walnuts.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- PASTRY: In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse to combine the flour, walnuts,brown sugar and salt.
- Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Whisk egg yolk with water and with motor running, pour into flour mixture.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Press dough into a 2 inch deep, 8 1/2-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, or a deep dish 9 1/2-inch glass pie plate.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- FILLING: Combine sugar with cornstarch.
- Beat eggs on a large bowl until pale ans fluffy.
- Beat in the sugar mixture, corn starch, butter and vanilla.
- Sprinkle walnuts over prepared pastry.
- Spoon filling evenly over top.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on the lower oven rack.
- Place the tart on foil and bake for 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden and centre is slightly jiggly.
- Cool before slicing.
- TIP: Spoon any liquid that seeps from when it is sliced over each portion.