- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine sugar with cornstarch.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the sugar mixture, corn syrup, butter and vanilla.
- Sprinkle walnuts over prepared pastry.
- Spoon filling evenly over top.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on the lower oven rack.
- Place the pie on the foil and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until crust is golden and center is slightly jiggly.
- Cool before slicing.