Recipe by andypandy
this muffin is dads favourite, I received this from my neice Kim, who also forgot to put in the butter the first time, and it still came out great, that is when we asked for the recipe in fact. Year 1983.
Top Review by mmlwjr
I tried this recipe this morning, I was hesitant at first but did it anyway, the egg cooked so I took the gobs out not sure how to avoid this the next time. They are good though. Will make them again for sure
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden raisins, seedless
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fine walnuts
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 teaspoons lyles golden syrup, for dizzling after baking
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over med.
- heat Stir in the raisins, butter,, sugar,, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir over the heat for 5 minutes.
- Just until thick, and just coming to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add in dry ingredients.
- Add in nuts.
- Just until blended.
- Pour into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 18 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove when done and drop 1 tsp of Lyles Golden Syrup over the top of each while still hot.
- Let cool in pan.
- Remove from pan.
- Thanks Andy.