Recipe by grandma2969
these are moist and chewy...for the true butterscotch lover..Once again, I prefer to lightly toast all nuts used in recipes..I believe it brings out their flavors..
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temp.. 30 min
- 1 3⁄4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly butter a 13x9" baking pan.set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, and brown sugar, with an electric mixer until light.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla.Stir in the dry sifted ingredients.the walnuts and butterscotch chips until blended.
- Spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool in pan on wire rack before cutting into bars.