Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These yams have been traditional on my Thanksgiving table for over 20 years. I wouldn't think of making them any other way.
- 2 (17 ounce) cans yams, well drained or 6 medium yams, cooked, peeled, and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- mini marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place yams in large baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine corn syrup, sugar, half-and-half, butter, salt, and cinnamon. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil, and boil for 5 minutes. Pour over yams.
- Bake, basting often, 15 minutes more.
- (If you have to have marshmallows on your yams, sprinkle mini marshmallows over finished yams, and broil for 3 minutes or so, until melted and nicely browned.).
Everyone liked these yams but didn't love them. Made for PRMR Holiday Tag
I cut this recipe down by half for 2 of us & opted out when it came to the marshmallows ~ Otherwise the recipe was followed, & we had A VERY NICE TASTING SIDE OF YAMS! You've got a keeper of a recipe here! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my YAMS theme in My-3-Chefs]