Prep 4 hrs
Cook 5 mins
this is from the Oprah show...
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- In a medium pan, bring 2 cups of milk to a boil --
- in a bowl, whisk 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed, 1/4 cup milk, and 3 tbls cornstarch and 3 large egg yolks, till smooth --
- gradually whisk in half the hot mixture -- mix well.
- whisk the mixture back into the pan.
- cook over medium heat, whisking till mixture comes to a boil -- reduce direct heat slightly and cook 2 minutes more -- whisking frequently --
- remove pan from heat and add 2 tbls butter, softened and 1 tsp vanilla extract.stirring till butter melts --
- pour into 4 dessert glasses --
- chill 4 hours or overnight.
- drizzle maple syrup over chilled pudding.