Recipe by alijen
An easy, yummy bread. I love to serve it warm with a little butter and some hot chocolate. From Dinnertime Down South.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup walnut meat, chopped
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Beat the eggs well.
- Mix together ingredients in order given (sift flour before measuring).
- Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans (8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until golden and tests done.