Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
These are absolutely delicious, definitely worth making.
- 2 eggs, separated, and divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and coconut, and set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, evaporated milk and butter; add to dry ingredients, mixing JUST until blended.
- Add in the butterscotch chips, and fold in the beaten egg whites JUST until mixed (do not overbeat) Bake in a waffle maker until done.
Wow Kit, another winner. Boy are these good. I am ashamed to say that I didn't share any...they were too wonderful, I froze the leftovers. I enjoyed the leftovers today, they tasted just as great as they did yesterday. I popped the frozen waffles into the toaster for two minutes, on medium-low. The waffles were tall, thick, light, tender, crisp, fluffy, sweet and very flavorful. Very filling little treats. I dusted lightly with icing sugar and served whipped cream on the side. Thanks for sharing Kit.
Made for "Newest Zaar Tag 2008" The flavor of these was excellent - I love coconut and butterscotch chips. My attempt to make these gluten free didn't turn out very well - I suspect it was the flour mix that I used. Will try these again with a different GF flour mix and post the results. Thanks Kitten for posting this!