Recipe by grandma2969
this is a rich sauce that would enhance any ice ceam sundae..it is very thick, a deep rich golden brown..the sauce should be stored in the refrigerator..bring it to room temperature and warm it in a pan of hot water for 10 minutes to soften it before serving
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hot strong coffee
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- in a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, coffee, butter and salt.
- cook over moderate heat until the sugar dissolves about 5 minutes.
- add the condensed milk and cook, stirring constantly.for 5 more minutes.
- remove from the heat and allow to cool --
- pour into jars and refrigerate.