Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This Christmas Candy treat is a no bake recipe. Sweet, nutty (pecans or walnuts) and intoxicating (using buttershots liquor).
- 8 ounces finely chopped pecans
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup butterscotch schnapps
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons paraffin wax
- 30 pecan halves (optional)
- In a double boiler melt butter and chips blend in milk mix in buttershots and sugar.
- Drop by small dollops onto parchment paper and freeze till set.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter.
- Dip into melted chocolate and top with an optional pecan.
This are a very tasty candy, I used a chocolate Liquor instead of the buttersctoch schnapps. This is very yummy. The candy mixture goes together easy. I did have trouble dipping the candy in the chocolate. Found it was better to spread the chocolate onto the candy turtles. Thank you Rita for posting the recipe.