Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
In preparation for a bake sale, I changed a recipe to include butterscotch chips and toffee, which I had extra. They turned out FABULOUS! I recommend this recipe to anyone with a need to impress.
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄4 cup toffee pieces
- Mix shortening and both sugars with electric mixer.
- Add vanilla extract and egg. Mix well.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt into the mixture.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and toffee bits.
- Drop cookies onto a pan (parchment paper recommended). Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes until golden around edges.
- For a higher yield, simply double ingredients and follow same steps.
Nice cookie, but very sweet. So be ready.