Prep 3 hrs 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in the cookbook Cookies! A Cookie Lover's Collection. Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, melted chips, milk and baking soda.
- Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill 3 to 4 hours, or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Divide dough into thirds.
- Cover 2/3 dough with plastic wrap; chill.
- On lightly floured surface, roll remaining third dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Using 2 to 3-inch cookie cutters, cut desired shapes into dough.
- Place shapes 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 6 to 7 minutes, or until edges are golden brown; cool completely.
- If desired, decorate cookies with favorite frosting.
- Let dry completely before storing.
- Tip: If desired, sprinkle cookies with additional granulated sugar before baking.
AWESOME! I â™¥ these! The dough is pretty good also :p