Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A wonderful dessert cake topped with white fluffy frosting and drizzled with butterscotch glaze. Found on another website.
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Beat and Eat Frosting
- 1 egg white
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cream shortening with sugar.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add alternately with milk to shortening mixture.
- Mix well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9" cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until done.
- For Frosting: Mix together in small bowl of electric mixer, egg white, sugar, cream of tartar and vanilla.
- Add water and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cake.
- For Glaze: Mix brown sugar, butter and water.
- Bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Then, boil for 1 1/2 minutes without stirring.
- Drizzle glaze over frosting on cake.
- Keep cake refrigerated.