Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Pure heaven on a fork! Please note that chilling time is included in the cooking time.
- 2⁄3 cup blanched almond, finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (113 g) packages instant butterscotch pudding mix or 2 (113 g) packagesvegetarian instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, with a pastry blender, combine the flour, margarine, almonds and 1/4 cup icing sugar until crumbly.
- With the fingers, press the mixture firmly into an ungreased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Bake the crust 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool the crust in the dish on a wire rack.
- While the crust is cooling, beat the whipping cream and vanilla extract in a small bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In a medium bowl (you can use the same one as you used for mixing the crust), beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in 1 cup whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture; spread over the cooled crust.
- Reserve the remaining whipped cream for the topping.
- In a large bowl, with a wire whisk, prepare the pudding mixes as the label directs, but prepare both packages together and use only 3 cups milk.
- Spread the pudding over the cream cheese layer.
- Fold the remaining 2 tablespoons of icing sugar into the reserved whipped cream; spread over the pudding.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
My heavens this recipe should be illegal it was so good. With my sweet tooth they did nt last long.Will have to make more before christmas. Thanks.
To quote the chef 'pure heaven on a fork' LOL!!! my husband loved this square. This makes a large dessert, nice for a potluck gathering! I know it say butterscotch pudding but, I'm thinking chocolate would be heavenly too! Thanks Irmgard for a nice easy recipe.