Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great dessert to bring to parties. Always a big hit!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 drops butter flavoring
- Combine sugar, salt, corn syrup and honey in a heavy saucepan and cook over high heat, constantly stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the vinegar.
- Continue cooking the mixture to 260 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Add butter and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Continue cooking to 270 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the butter flavoring.
- Pour the hot mixture onto buttered cookie sheet.
- Let cool slightly and score into squares.
- Score again on initial score lines.
- Break along score lines when cool.
Excately what i was looking for---These turned out fantastic.--Thanks