Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love this sauce over vanilla ice cream with a few raisins thrown in, yummy.
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in a saucepan. Bring to boil ove medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook, without mixing, until mixture reaches 238 degrees on candy thermometer (softball stage).
- Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm.
- Blend in cream and vanilla.
- Serve at room temperature over ice cream or ice cream desserts.
- Store refrigerated in covered jar.
Yum! We enjoyed this tasty sauce over apple pie topped with vanilla ice cream. Delicious! Made for Newest Zaar tag.