Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adults and kids both love this. it's great over pancakes, and of course, ice cream!
- Melt the butter and sugar in a heavy pan, bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Heat evaporated milk to just below the boiling point, then gradually stir into the sugar mixture. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spread the haxlenuts on a baking sheet and toast in a hot oven.
- Slide the nuts onto a clean dish, towel and rub them briskly to remove the skins.
- Chop the nuts coarsely and stir into the sauce. Serve hot poured over ice cream and warm waffles or pancakes.