Adults and kids both love this. it's great over pancakes, and of course, ice cream!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter and sugar in a heavy pan, bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 2Heat evaporated milk to just below the boiling point, then gradually stir into the sugar mixture. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Spread the haxlenuts on a baking sheet and toast in a hot oven.
- 4Slide the nuts onto a clean dish, towel and rub them briskly to remove the skins.
- 5Chop the nuts coarsely and stir into the sauce. Serve hot poured over ice cream and warm waffles or pancakes.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.5
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 68.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g