- 236.59 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 59.14 ml light corn syrup
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, butter and a pinch of salt and cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved; boil syrup, without stirring, until it registers 280F on a candy thermometer, about 5 minutes; remove pan from heat and stir in cream, vanilla, lemon juice and salt, stirring until smooth; sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Can be kept for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.