Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is one of the best bar recipes, they are very simple to put together and so good! --- make sure to use only salted peanuts, and leave them whole --- these freeze well
Top Review by Margo59
I love all of the ingredients in these bars. My only reason for rating so low, is they ended up rock hard. I prepared them exactly as written and had to throw the entire batch out.
- 3 1⁄4 cups salted peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no subs please!)
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all crust ingredients, and press into bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (do not over bake).
- Remove from oven then sprinkle the peanuts evenly over crust.
- In a saucepan combine the topping ingredients; bring to a boil then cook for about 2 minutes until smooth (stirring constantly).
- Pour the hot mixture over the nuts, and return to oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until until golden.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.