Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of the best bar recipes, they are very simple to put together and so good! --- make sure to use only salted peanuts, and leave them whole --- these freeze well
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all crust ingredients, and press into bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (do not over bake).
- Remove from oven then sprinkle the peanuts evenly over crust.
- In a saucepan combine the topping ingredients; bring to a boil then cook for about 2 minutes until smooth (stirring constantly).
- Pour the hot mixture over the nuts, and return to oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until until golden.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
I love all of the ingredients in these bars. My only reason for rating so low, is they ended up rock hard. I prepared them exactly as written and had to throw the entire batch out.
I was trying to come up with an alternative to N*tures Valley "salty and sweet" bars and stumbled across this recipe. My husband is allergic to milk and wheat, making the store bought version a bad choice. I substituted maple syrup for corn syrup, and used gluten-free flour. They turned out amazing, and now this is my husbands new favorite snack.
I have been hunting for this lost recipe for years. absolutely 5 Stars.