Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Little cookbook called "A Taste of Texas With FFA/HERO". Sorry for the confusion on the instructions in earlier posting. During my midnight posting I did not read the recipe that well. It apparently had a step left out of the cookbook, not my error this time, LOL! LonghornMama was kind enough to let me know how a similar recipe reads. She also has a topping to hers that hopefully she will post. This sounds good as several of you have said in emails to me. I plan to try it sometime in future. Glad I will not have to figure out how it is supposed to read.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 6 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch sundae sauce
- Combine first 8 ingredients and 5 eggs in large mixer bowl.
- Beat about 3 minutes.
- Mix 2 cups batter, remaining egg, pudding mix and topping in small mixer bowl.
- Beat about 1 minute.
- Pour half the plain cake batter into greased floured 12-inch bundt pan.
- Spoon half the butterscotch over the top.
- Cut through batter with knife to marble.
- Bake at 350° 1 1/4 hours or until cake tests done. May garnish with rum-flavored confectioners' sugar glaze.
This exact recipe came with my Bundt pan. You should add half the batter then half the butterscotch and marble the layers with a knife using a folding motion. Repeat with remaining batters (batter, butterscotch, swirly motion; batter, butterscotch, swirly motion). The butterscotch glaze may be made by combining 1/4 c butter, 1/4 c brown sugar, and 2T milk. Bring to a full boil. Add 1 c powdered sugar and 1 t vanilla or rum extract and beat until smooth. May add additional milk to obtain desired consistency.