Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a very nice, rich ending to a good meal. Easy to double as well.
- 2 tablespoons raisins, soaked in
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rum (or more)
- 2 -4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 large firm banana
- Heat sugar over medium heat in skillet.
- Swirl and cook until a golden carmamel Remove from heat, add raisins with water, butter, salt and rum Cook over med low heat until caramel is dissolved Divide ice cream between two dishes Half banana lengthwise then cut crosswise Arrange bananas in dishes Spoon butterscotch sauce over ice cream and bananas.