Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family requests this cake every spring as soon as they see the rhubarb peeking through the ground. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups of raw chopped rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 0.5 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, buttermilk, soda, flour and rhubarb, mix as you add each ingredient.
- Pour into a sprayed 9X13 pan.
- Combine all ingredients for topping and sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve with a dollop of cool whip!