Freezable. Great for OAMC Time does not include the time to chill the dough.
Make and share this Butterscotch Refrigerator Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Sift flour, salt, cinnamon, and soda together.
- Cream shortening and butter; gradually add sugar; beat til light. Add eggs, water, and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and creamed mixture. Add nuts.
- Shape dough into rolls 2 inches in diameter. Wrap tightly in waxed paper. Chill thoroughly -- overnight for best results.
- May be frozen at this point.
- (Or pack in frozen fruit juice cans and chill thoroughly. Detach bottom of can; push dough out to slice).
- Bake 1 1/2 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet in hot oven (400 degrees) 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on racks.