Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just my regular Crispix, or similar type of cereal, puppy chow recipe made with butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips; my SIL suggested it. We ate probably half the batch that evening. After making a bunch of recipes with butterscotch chips, I suggest that you use a good quality chip. I have had trouble melting some of the store brands, although Aldi's brand always seems to work well.
- Place the powdered sugar into a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt the butterscotch chips for 1 minute.
- Stir and heat for 30 seconds longer or until melted when stirred.
- Stir in the peanut butter.
- Stir in the cereal and mix until evenly coated; I use a big spoonula for this. Pour the cereal mixture into the sugar filled bag and gently toss the mixture to coat it evenly.
- It says it needs to be stored in the refrigerator but I never have and mine has never stayed around longer than a day or two anyway. :-)
- I am often asked to bring the chocolate version of this to my sister's house, I think next time I'll take a batch of each and see how it goes.
Talk about addictive! It does keep well, overnight, if you put it away in a ziplock bag. but it does make for a really great snack!
I make this a lot but use chocolate chips instead. The butterscotch was ok but I think I like the chocolate version better. Made for Please Review My Recipe.
It is a bit sweeter than normal puppy chow. Very nice change from the normal. I think it would like to try mixing it with the regular so some are darker and some are lighter, for more a more interesting visual.