Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old recipe from Darlene Kossman which uses cooked butterscotch pudding in the pie. It is a no-bake recipe cooked on top of stove.
- Put butterscotch pudding mix, canned pumpkin, dark brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a saucepan.
- Add milk, with egg yolks beaten in, gradually. Stir constantly to keep mixture smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, again stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 4 minutes.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Chill until firm.
- Top with whipped cream sprinkled with nutmeg.