1/3 Photos of Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie
1 hr 5 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found on the internet, but for the life of me I can't remember where! I was intrigued with it not only because it included butterscotch chips but also because of its lattice top!! NOTE: Lattice pie cutters are available at baking & home supply stores.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, then unroll one of the pastry crusts & fit it into a 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine butterscotch chips & heavy cream, & turn heat up to medium, heating about 5 minutes, whisking occasionally, until smooth, then set aside to cool slightly.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, egg & egg yolk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, ginger & nutmeg.
- 4Slowly whisk in butterscotch mixture until incorporated, then spoon into crust-lined pie plate & spread smooth.
- 5Unroll 2nd crust/dough, AND IF USING A LATTICE PIE CUTTER, spread the crust/dough on top of the cutter. Then use a rolling pin to roll across the dough to cut & create the lattice pattern. Carefully remove piecrust from lattice cutter, trying not to stretch it, & place it on top of the pie.Fold over edge & crimp decoratively.
- 6IF YOU HAVE NO LATTICE PIE CUTTER, use small cookie cutters to create a design (OR carve a jack-o-lantern face !) & proceed as indicated above.
- 7Bake for 25 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees F & bake an additional 35 minutes, until crust is browned & pie puffs slightly, covering edge of pie with foil if it is browning too quickly.
- 8Cool at room temperature on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.8
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.9 mg
- Sodium 239.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g