Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicius homemade pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- In a large stainless steel bowl whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, salt, and egg yolks. Whisk in 1/2 cup of the milk until you have a thick paste.
- Set aside while you heat the milk.
- Pour the remaining 2 1/2 cups of milk into the saucepan and bring just to a boil. Gradually pour the hot milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly, until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the pudding mixture to a clean large, heavy bottomed saucepan and place over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens to the consistency of mayonnaise. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour through the strainer to remove any lumps that may have formed during cooking.
- Pour into bowls or wine glasses.
- Garnish each pudding with a large dollop of softly whipped cream.