Recipe by Meli-lynne
I have always loved this recipe since I was young..especially served with a few chunks of bananas and a little bit of milk on top.
- 3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald the milk until almost boiling.
- Mix brown sugar, corn starch, salt in a bowl.
- gradually stir part of scalded milk into dry ingredients.
- Stir back into remaining milk and cook over low heat until it starts to thicken up.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour into 4 dessert dishes. Keep refrigerated.
- Can be served warm or cold. Yum! :).